Skip to main content

When I go and create a new workflow the templates are not showing, even if I click new I do not get a pop to select a template or start from blank.

I am extremely new to nintex and this was working yesterday without any problems

Hi Tim

i think you have unchecked the Show template page when creating a new workflow box.

You can check again in Workflow Designers open dialog:

Kind regards

Manfred

Just a heads up for anyone else that is looking for this.

Templates are only available in List and Document Workflows not Site.

Tim, this is a informative quick post. If your question is answered, please mark it. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi

I have another question, is this "Templates are only available in List and Document Workflows not Site." rule is about all kind of Templates? (I mean the Templates that we create from our Work Flows)

There are other ways of creating templates, such as using snippets and UDAs that can be imported for site workflows

Hi Andrew

First thank you for answering. I want you to say that I undrestand it correctly or not:

you mean every kind of WorkFlow's templates can use in other Sites or Farms?

Best Regards

Other than the already stated limitation, almost anything can be a template depending on how you use it. You can export a workflow or UDA and import it on any site or farm and use it as a "template" so-to-speak. You can upload these exported workflows to a library in your team's site and label them as templates. All they would need to do is download the appropriate one, go to their site/farm/library, and upload it into the designer. So even if you can use the system template or save as a template, you can still use this process to share already created work.