Skip to main content

Hi,

I have been trying to create a smartobject using smartobject service tester. Eventhough I have specified the primary key in my SQL table, the create method is missing from the list of methods. Did anyone come accross such an issue?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Samiur

13033iEF99B2970F6E9D05.jpg
14763iB0582D56416F60E0.jpg

Have you tried refreshing the sql server service instance first before creating the smartobject?

Yeah I have refreshed the SQL server instance before creating the smartobject. I have tried 3-4 times but the issue still persists. 

Dear ,

Would like to suggest a simple check , since ur ID column is primary key , but did u check the identity property ? is it identity ?

13098i9B2C83CEA5D02712.png

please check it out and hope it helps !

also , in case it didnt work , in the same data base , do u have this issue for other tables ? or is it only for this specific table ?

Regards.

At this point it sounds like it could be an permissions issue, might want to check that the account that is being used to access SQL from the K2 instance has rights to INSERT into the table in question.

Hi all, 

Thank you for helping me out with this issue. I have discovered that the problem was with the table that I had created. I had used a file format that is currently not supported by K2,  for creating one of the columns in my sqlserver table because of which the create method was missing from my smartobject. Once I re-created the table with the supported file format, and published it using the smartobject service tester, I was able to see the create method in the list of my methods.

Regards,

Sami