Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am new to Nintex and I am trying to create a helpdesk ticketing system which should have a way to escalate, reassign, sign by the user when done, and then route to manager for issues , signed by the manager in the end.

Do we already have a template which does this with forms and the workflow?

Much appreciated.

you could have a look on Nintex Xchange™️‌ to see if anyone has posted a complete solution for you there.

no there was none related to it. Can you help me build one?Cassy Freeman

Happy to help for sure and whatever we come up with can go on Nintex Xchange™️

Can you send some finer details on your requirements.

What information you need to capture and at which stages

what the process flow you should be with all possible outcomes etc

Hi Cassy,

I want to create a helpdesk system which will start from the HR department-> notify the management/concerned-> and then it should be assigned to the concerned team according to the issue-> the assigned team should pick it up and fix the issue-> should have escalations if necessary-> and once the issue is fixed it should notify the user and the concerned section head that the issue is resolved and it is saved in the list.

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

Looking for the workflow to work something similar to manage engine helpdesk tool.

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

Yes all perfectly doable.  Have you got your "underlying list" that will store details of the call/issue?

Hi Cassy,

My list is not yet ready as I am quite unsure of which columns I would need exactly to be used. Can you help me build my list columns first for the task?

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

i am happy to help but you aren't really giving me much to work with.  I have no idea what you want to record about the calls that come in to the helpdesk!

Hello Teresa,

You really need to first some do some systems analysis and design to figure out the architecture of your system.   Maybe sit down with the end users and discuss what their needs will be.  You'll have to think through the process just like you would in building any other application.   Think of the columns in the list that you need, as in what data you will want to store.  Then you can start thinking through the business process as in what happens from step A to step Z.   Once you have that outlined it will be much easier to build out your workflow and at the same time learn Nintex in the process.

Sincerely,
Mike

Thank you for your comments, Yes I am getting in touch with the end users to decide what I would really require as list columns.

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

I will design my list columns as soon as I can and will get back to you.

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

Hi Cassy- Good morning

I wanted to log all Helpdesk, network, IT Operations, Administration, desktop and hardware, application issues on helpdesk as it comes from the user. It should have the feasibility to route to different teams as and when necessary depending on the issue. I have created a rough list of what all fields I want but not sure if those columns are quite enough for the workflow.

Kindly let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

Regards,

Sujatha V.

some screenshots would help

The above are my list columns. with this I would like to develop my helpdesk workflow. Is this what you are looking for? Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sujatha V.

SharePoint Developer | Administrator

Information Services- CSB