Skip to main content

I am attempting to generate a document based on responses in a form. I only want the fields that have either a response (any data) in them or possibly specific responses. I'm good with either for now. The doc that gets generated can have just a list of those responses, just as long as it's only those.

The process I'm going through is creating a Risk Assessment form, that first a vendor and internal point of contact fill out, and then gets passed along to our security team for responses. My goal is to have a Risk Assessment Report created that displays the comments to various responses by the security team, but only the ones that they have typed a comment.

Hi @Ian_UVA ,

Field tags for an empty field will display as blank in the template, so you could just put all the tags in the template and only the ones with values will show something. If you are looking to do something conditionally based on the value then you could use conditional text(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/templates/ConditionalTextWord.htm). The link is written for Salesforce DocGen product but the logic will also work with the Document Generation action in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

@Ian_UVA did you ever get this going? Not quite sure what your form looks like but if you use the steps as highlighted by Leigh, you should be able to generate the document with the correct info.