Skip to main content

I am trying to create a document library based off of a template, which works well, but I would like to have a different url than the Title. SharePoint by nature creates the Document Libraries with the Title and I would like to have a shorter url and not have any %20's in the URL.

Is there a way to create a document library with a title  "Sample 1 Company" and a URL of "https://intranet/sample1?

You can accomplish this some other ways, but this is the most straight forward I think.  Create the list using the name you want for the url and then change the name of the list to what you want it to be displayed by.

1. Use the Create List task to create the list
    • For the title, enter the name you want for the url, in this case "sample1"
  2. Next, use the call web service and use the UpdateList method.
    • Enter the GUID for the listName
    • Enter <List Title="Sample 1" /> into the listProperties field

Here is a screenshot of what my Call Web Service looks like:

UpdateList.png

Alternatively, you could enter the display title in the create list task and then change the "RootFolder" property with the call web service.

Reference of all properties that can be edited:

Lists.UpdateList Method (Lists)

Thanks Patrick. Is there an easy way to get the list Name (in GUI ID format) to populate the listName or can I use the actual list name? I did not see a field for storing the result in the Create List task.

The fastest way to get the GUID for a list is to click the list settings on the menu.  Then copy the URL variable called list.

66473_pastedImage_0.png

Then past that into a URL decoder, I use this one

URL Decoder/Encoder

66474_pastedImage_2.png

You should then receive the formatted GUID:

66475_pastedImage_3.png

Any way to get that when the list is created? It would be similar to returning the list item ID when creating an item.