Skip to main content

When I try to create a new AD user using the SmartObject Test I get the following error. LDAP Message LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX Description Distinguished name has syntax that is not valid. Has anyone else encountered this and/or knows how to resolve it.

15798i19AE4A12D47B3D43.png

Hi BigA

I presume you are using the AD Service2? I had this error and found that it was the Organizational Unit field that was causing the issue. You need to specify the OU in the format "OU=Users". If the OU is nested then comma separate them listing the lowest OU first e.g. "OU=Finance, OU=Users"

Also, if you are entering a value for the domain field, dont include the domain in the Name field.

One other thing we found was we needed to enter the UserPrincipalName in the format UserName@domain. If you look at an existing AD User on the Account tab you can see the format required in the User logon name field.

14318i269F6826A6A7B896.png

Hi Andrew!

I had a similar problem a to BigA, your solution helped a bit but I'm now receiving a new error: LDAP Message LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT, Description object does not  exist

Im using an organizational unit on active directory e.g Finance(OU=Finance),Legal(OU=Legal). I get that error even when using your format. Is there a further solution to this, Please help. I attached a snapshot

16738i60949A1F733BB25A.png
hi Vukilen

Did you have a value for the user principal name?

Hi,

All you need to do is change the Organizational Unit to OU=legal,OU=Departments

hope this helps

Hi Mustafa!

That just saved my entire life. Its working so happy!

Kind Regards,

Vukile Ntombela