Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm new to K2 Blackpearl. How can I add a new String Table entry to a process? It seems like I can edit the ones there, but can't add a new one. Is there a different process for doing this. In 2003 I could simply right-click and select New Entry.

-A

Hi

String table values is used on a environment level. Its not the same as in K2.net 2003 where you could use them per process. The purpose of the String table entries is so that they can be referenced from any process that is currently in that specific environment. So if you add a field and your default environment is set to 'Development', you will be able to use that field in any process as long as your default envirnment is set to 'Development'.

From your K2 Workspace go to 'Management Console' -> Environment Library -> Templates -> Default Templates -> Environments. There you will see your environments and what fields are created per environment and also add new fields there. From Visual Studio you can also add new field when youre in the 'Environment' tab of your K2 Object Browser and right clicking on the specific category and selecting 'Add New Field'.

I hope this helps,

Thanks Wessel,

I appriciate your quick response.

-A

There is some more coverage on this issue here:  http://k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/04/01/how-to-programmatically-access-environment-settings-within-blackpearl-process-code.aspx

HTH.