Skip to main content

I'm trying to activate K2 on a site collection in sharepoint and it's throwing up an error in the URL

I tried activating K2 on a new site collection, and that went fine, so its just the specific site collection.

From what I can tell, K2 keeps a custom, hidden list in that site (list title is a GUID)- I tried deleting the list, then re-activating K2 on that site collection - but no luck.

Does anyone know how to reset a site collection to pre-K2 status so I can try installing again?

Is there anything else in the error below that I should be looking into?

Thanks!

---------------

http://servername:centraladminport/_layouts/k2/error.aspx?ErrorText=The operation has completed but with errors: ||||An error has occurred trying to update the Connection Settings.An error has occurred trying to update the Environment Library entry: One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.Error occurred trying to Add or Update Process Designer Settings to destination site.An error has occurred trying to update the Process Designers Group.An error has occurred trying to update the Process Participants Group.An error occurred while trying to update the process approval settings: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x81020014): One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.AddOrUpdateItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bAdd, Boolean bSystemUpdate, Boolean bPreserveItemVersion, Boolean bPreserveItemUIVersion, Boolean bUpdateNoVersion, Int32& plID, String& pbstrGuid, Guid pbstrNewDocId, Boolean bHasNewDocId, String bstrVersion, Object& pvarAttachmentNames, Object& pvarAttachmentContents, Object& pvarProperties, Boolean bCheckOut, Boolean bCheckin, Boolean bMigration, Boolean bPublish, String bstrFileName, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pListDataValidationCallback, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pRestrictInsertCallback, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pUniqueFieldCallback)   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.AddOrUpdateItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bAdd, Boolean bSystemUpdate, Boolean bPreserveItemVersion, Boolean bPreserveItemUIVersion, Boolean bUpdateNoVersion, Int32& plID, String& pbstrGuid, Guid pbstrNewDocId, Boolean bHasNewDocId, String bstrVersion, Object& pvarAttachmentNames, Object& pvarAttachmentContents, Object& pvarProperties, Boolean bCheckOut, Boolean bCheckin, Boolean bMigration,

Hi

I have encountered this problem before and I did the following to resolve it, below please see suggestions for the issue. 

Suggestions for the Issue :

• You will not be able to delete and re-create the column since SharePoint doesn’t support creation of column of type GUID through UI.
  • So only way is to delete and re-create the list.
  • Go to Site Settings -> Modify All Site Settings -> Site Collection Features deactivateSharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature.
  • This removes the association between the feature and the Relationships list, which allows you to delete the list.
  • Navigate to the URL http://site_url/Relationships%20List/allitems.aspx and delete the list from the list settings.
  • Now go to site collection features and activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructurefeature.
  • Note that Relationships list will be created automatically. You can check the same by navigating to the URL as states above.
  • You can check the list containing the column GroupGuid of type GUID.
  • Now check your Manage Content and Structure page which will be working fine

For more info on this issue go to this two sites below, the following two urls are from an external source.

http://microsoft-techies.blogspot.com/2014/03/one-or-more-field-types-are-not.html

OR

http://jshidell.com/2013/01/28/fixing-one-or-more-field-types-are-not-installed-properly-go-to-list-settings-page-to-delete-these-fields/

Regards

Julia