Skip to main content
Hi,

I have two sharepoint lists e.g. say client1 and client2. Now when a particular doc gets uploaded to doc lib, a k2 process gets kicked off. And the first thing i want is to copy/move a particular list item from client1 and insert it into client2 list.

How to do this?.

I tried using the k2 sharepoint list event. I created a new list item for client2 with a clientid. Then i want to use another K2 sharepoint event list to update this list item with the inf from client1 with same clientid. But how to access the client1 list from k2 studio.

Any help will be aprreciated.
There are actually a few ways/methods that you can use, depending on exactly what you want to do?

You can use the K2 SharePoint events to move documents around in one process (Studio).

You can redirect items to other destination users (Example 1) (K2ROM) . Have a look at the K2.net Help file.

Example 1

For Each MyK2WorklistItem In MyWorklist
MySerialNo = MyK2WorklistItem.SerialNumber.ToString
MyK2WorklistItem = MyK2Connection.OpenWorklistItem(MySerialNo, "ASP")

If MyK2WorklistItem.ActivityInstanceDestination.Name = "MyActInstDestName" Then
MyK2WorklistItem.Redirect("Bob")
End If
Next

The options are endless.

Hope this helps.
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately I am not talking about worklists. I am talking about sharepoint lists. I have two lists on WSS. One is called FutureClient and another one is called Client. I want to move one list item from FutureClient list to Client list when a particular event occurrs.
In k2 studio we have Sharepoint events for lists. But that one only creates new list or updates old list or deletes any list. I want to get the data from a list.

hope this clears my question.

Regards,
N
The K2.net 2003 Task List does not have a re-direct function. You can use the K2Mng/K2ROM to redirect the items. Please have a look at the K2.net Help file.

Hope this helps