Skip to main content

Hi,

I have been tasked to create a workflow that will copy a document from a Author Draft Site to a Published Site. When the author is ready to "Publish" they start the workflow which copies the document to the publish site. They do this every time they want to "Publish" a document.  I'm able to create the workflow and it works perfectly when I start it (I"m also listed as the owner of the site) but when the members attempt this works for me but not for everyone else.  I do not see any permissions options so I'm not sure why this happens any thoughts?

Help!

Melissa,

I just answered a question similar to this and the user had a reusable site workflow.  Is your workflow on the library for the documents?

As for permissions, the users would need to have site permissions to the site where the documents are being copied to and at minimal edit permissions to the library where the documents will end up.

Thanks Eric!

This was a great tip!

I was able to solve my issue by doing the following:

In the "Copy to SharePoint" Action I used the Override Credentials feature so that when users run the workflow it will not fail since it will be run under my credentials.

Melissa

Thats great and something to do... glad to help.  Can you mark the answer as correct or helpful.   There have been two more questions similar, so this is a hot topic 🙂.

I also have this problem and created an edit group with edit permission, but copy to sharepoint action still didn't copy the document.  This user is able to go to the published site and update a document, so I am confused on why the action won't copy the document in the workflow.  Also the workflow doesn't fail or give any errors you only know you document didn't copy to if you manually go and check.