Skip to main content

Hi,
In my k2 process I want to copy a sharepoint list and all the items within this list to another location (other SP Site). Is this possible?
I know that I can create a list based on a template but this is not the way I want to do it.
Thx.
Jochen

I never tried this before but maybe you can try this out.

Use the Search Event to scan for all items in the list and store it into a K2 content field (XML field).  After this is done, use the document wizard to copy based on the content field.

yes, this was also a solution which I had in mind. using the search event with no filter criteria and then copy based on the content field.
I have tested it and it will work..
thanks!

Copying list item is working quite good. But the lists contains lookup columns. All columns execpt the looup columns are copied to the second list. Any ideas why lookup columns are not working?
Thanks.
Jochen

There was some configuration issue I think. look up columns are working

Hi Johnny,
I have one more question concerning the search and copy issue.
I define the search withing within the search event and store the result in a k2 content field which I use for the list item event "copy item from content field).
BUT if the search event doesn't return a result (because of the search filter which I have defined) then the next event "copy item from content field" will fail with an error. Whats the best way to check if the search event returns a result or not.

Thx.
Jochen

Not too straigtforward in 0902 as you probably need to use an external reference to do this.  i.e. pass the XMLField to an external assembly to check.

However, the soon to be released 4.5 will have a count inline function for lists items.  So that might make it a lot easier to check.