Skip to main content

I’m new to Nintex so apologies if there is a simple solution for this! We use Nintex 2013 and SP 2013

I have the following scenario that I am trying to solve; We submit our expenses via a SharePoint list and we have a separate workflow to deal with approvals etc. However, we are now looking to attach copies of the corresponding receipts to the relevant submitted claim. These receipts are saved as images in a separate picture library (as the user e-mails them directly).

The sequence of events we would like to have is the user creates the expenses claim and saves it. They then e-mail their images to the picture library which starts a workflow to attach copies of the receipts to the relevant claim item. Is anyone able to suggest a way to firstly match the two lists (I was thinking of using the e-mail subject line to match the ID of the expenses claim item) then attach the receipts to the claim?

If it could be achieved without coding that would be awesome wink.png

Many thanks for your help!

Hi Darren Baker

You absolutely need a mapping between the expense list and the picture library. You can either do as you mentioned using the subject line same as Expense list id. But this mapping should be unique to eliminate any errors.

Once you have the mapping, you can use web service action in the workflow. See this for reference: Is it possible to use a Nintex workflow in SharePoint to copy/move an attachment from an item in list A to an item in li… 

http://<Site>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx has the method called AddAttachment

Hope it helps.

Thank you @kapil Joshi