Skip to main content

What is the best method to copy a document from one library to another?

We are on SP 2013 

Thanks!

Rency

Hy Rency,

it depends on your process and requirements. If you have a Nintex workflow running on your source document you may simply use the "Copy to SharePoint" action (http://nintexdownload.com/helpfiles/nw2013/NintexWorkflow2013UserManual.html#Nintex.Workflow.CopySharePoint). This action can be used on lists and document libraries as well. As I mentioned before, when running on a document library, the item that the workflow is running on will be copied.

There are some other ways achieving this (e.g. use SharePoint Webservices, define a "SendTo" Connection, etc...). Can you quickly describe your Scenario here?

Hope this helps,

Christoph

I have a library that stores word documents. When the word document has been approved I want it to copy the document into another library. Will Copy to SharePoint work in this scenario?

Yes, the Nintex "Copy to SharePoint" action should work in your scenario. If you use the default SharePoint content approval feature, you may wait for status change (e.g. wait for approval status changes to “Approved”).

The following simple workflow will do that thing:

snip_20151203170205.png

Works beautifully happy.png Thank you!