Skip to main content

I have created a k2 blackpearl process with infopath integration. Now I want to copy the process and rename it so that I have two processes with differnet names different Infopath forms and which can be opened from different sharepoint libraries.

Is this possible to copy them and to create two independent (but almost the same) processes?

thx

As far as I know, it is possible, but you will have to perform some manual operations, like editing the code of your kprx to change all the references to the former name. I think I would copy/paste the kprx in Visual Studio, in order to get all the sub-projects copied too (the famous ExtenderProjects), exclude the copied process from the project, edit the files with a text editor to change all the references, and add the process again ("add existing item").

I think I will go to the file system where I store my k2Projects. There I have a folder "Process1! with the .sln file and so on. Then I will create a new Folder "Process1new" and copy all the files from the folder "Process1". And when I open then the .sln from "Process1new" I can rename the solution, the project and the workflow process. But I think nevertheless I have to do some manual operations in the kprx because there are still some paths to the old "Process1".

Oh!! You're cheating!! You create a new project, it's easier 🙂 Yeah but you're right, if having everything in the smae project is not a requirement.