Skip to main content

Hello Nintex community,

I found a Thread that is related to an issue i have (https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2016/06/13/having-a-working-and-published-document-using-convert-document-action?commentID=15154&et=blogs.comment.created#comment-15154 from

I created a workflow that starts on "new item created". The workflow converts an uploaded docx to pdf.

In the regular Expression I create the Name for the new document:

After that I convert the document to PDF:

After the conversion the original *.docx file gets deleted.

Now to my Problem:

Because the workflow runs after am item is created, it starts when the converted pdf is stored in the library.

Now this started workflow Errors directly

...and the Workflow history is empty:

I made an "RUN-IF" at the beginning that checks if the document Ends with ".docx".

But the workflow still runs and Errors.

Any Ideas or hints?

Thank you.

David

Hi

In your workflow, use a query list action, filter where id = current item id, save the type field into a variable. this will give you the file type.

Now in your runif configure it to be the variable above, not equals pdf.

This should now olny run for non pdf documents

Thanks for the answer. I believe that this should work too, but why is no Workflow history visible? The StatusColumn says "Error" but i cabt see a runned workflow :-(

Hello,

I tried your Suggestion, but i have the same mistake.

The Workflow History is empty. It seems that the workflow ignores everything

if you run your workflow manually on the .docx does it work as expected?

Yes, it runs as expected. No Problems. And also if i run it on the new converted pdf it works. But...why doesnt it work autonatically? Too less RAM?

Did anyone ever find a solution?  I am having same problem.  I have a workflow that converts file to PDF but after the conversion is complete the workflow ends with an error. I've tried running runif but this will not stop the error email. Is it possible to save the pdf to a different library in order to stop the error?