Skip to main content

Hello,

I have been trying to create some workflows for our organisation which has recently purchased Nintex and stumbled upon this issue. Can some one please shed some light on it?

1] I am trying to make one of my field visible false depending on the value of a different field

I am using the following expression on the field

fn-ToLower({Request Status}) == "request"

but no matter what value is on the "Request status" field my control is always visible. Please can some one let me know what I am doing wrong?

2] Is there a debug or a error log that Nintex to help troubleshoot? I have worked on custom workflows (State driven) in Visual studio for SharePoint, though to do the same level of activity on nintex would take considerably shorter time than on VS, but we have a lot granualar control over the processing and spit out log files and any debug information when using VS.. I am not sure if the same exist with Nintex? What is the best way to determine what expression nintex evaluates? Can we push that into a log file for debug purposes?

1)Are you doing this on workflows or forms?

2) Do not just type in the name of the field "Request Status" you need to select it by inserting a reference using the insert reference button and then finding your item property or variable under its respective tab. The reference will look something like this:  {WorkflowVariable:RequestStatus} or {ItemProperty:RequestStatus}    depending on the type of variable you select.

Thanks

Use the fn-Equals() Inline Function instead of the == operator.

Also note mmatsako's comments regarding workflow variables and item properties.

Is this resolved?