Skip to main content

Symptoms

Context Browser Fields Are Lost In Event Notification Message When Loading an HTML Template and Open Larger Message Body Screen Icon Is Clicked

Diagnoses

To reproduce:

1) Create a K2 Workflow project with SharePoint Workflow Integration

2) Create a SharePoint Workflow Integration Client

3) On the Event Notification Settings panel, check "Customize the Notification Message" checkbox. Click Next

4) On the Event Notification Message screen, click the "Load HTML Template" icon and select an HTML template. Ensure that the HTML radio button is checked. Click the "Open Larger Message Body Screen" icon

5) When the Event Notification Message (larger screen with "E-mail Event" in the title bar) appears, click the ellipsis button to launch the context browser

6) After the context browser appears, drag and drop any data field or any item from the Workflow Context Browser (Participant Name, Worklist Item Link, etc) onto the textbox, anywhere in the template. In my case, I used the default K2 email template, after the tag. Click the close button on the context browser, then the OK button on the Event Notification Message (larger screen with "E-mail Event" in the title bar) window

7) Click Next all the way to the end of the SPWI Client dialog box, to finish. Click the Finish button

8) Save the KPRX file, then re-launch the SPWI Client event that contains the changes that were made

9) Click the Next button to navigate all the way to the Event Notification Message screen. Note that the textbox is missing the inserted field from the context browser.

However, if I repeat the steps above without clicking the "Open Larger Message Body Screen" icon, I don't experience this issue.

Resolution

The issue is a known issue. This will be taken care in the subsequent release(s).

Be the first to reply!