Skip to main content
Hey ppl,

I have a the following requirement:

A request is raised by an employee in an organization. It requires 2 levels of approval - from his manager and director.

The manager approval should take place as and when a request is raised.

The director should only get the requests in his workspace on a particular date, say the 30th of every month.

When the request reaches any of the role players, a mail will be sent to him intimating him/her of a pending activity.

Suppose 1000 employees raise a request in a month and their managers all approve it. The requests will be kept on hold till the 30th of the month.

When the date is 30th, the requests are moved to the directors activity. Since the mailing event is defined in this activity, the director would get 1000 mails. This would be a nuance to him(considering the fact that he is a senior person in the organization).

Is there any way, using K2, that I can generate a consolidated mail or only send one mail for all the pending requests at the directors desk?

If this is not possible, what are the methods by which I can achieve this?

Hoping for a response soon!

Regards,
Midhun
You'll have to create custom solution for this, remove default email event for the Director activity and store a record somewhere in external table.

On the 30th generate the email with a list of entries off the table.

If there are 1,000 items to approve, wouldn't the director needs to approve each one anyway? Can't he just go to workspace on the 30th and approve them? He must have something for him to approve per month. Does he need the email at all?
Thanks Peter.

The SQL approach(storing the data in tables) seems like the best solution for this kind of scenario. The email is absolutely essential as the date on which the director has to approve can be changed.

Hi there,

I also struggeled with a similar problem.

I also needed to send a mail to a group of people.  So what I did were the following.

I created a role with a group of users. I created a separate activity with a mail event.

so I set the destination users to the role.  now there are a hidden trick with this.  First trick is that you need to create a slot for each destination.

Now the only way to do this is to go to the Activity destination wizzard and click on back.

choose advance mode and then you would se that the wizzard are completely different.

choose option at first screen

second screen choose slot per destination

and choose convert role to user name.

complete the wizzard and choose a role.

go to the mail event and at the to box select destination.

I hope this post helps

regards

Francis de Wilde