Skip to main content

Team,

now that I solved the problem, and created the Oracle Service Instance using Smart Object Service Tester, I want to be sure of some security aspects.

Please use the attached screenshot as reference.

1) Section SERVICE AUTHENTICATION: what is this authentication section for? It should have an Oracle user to access Data Base? I thought that this user/pass was used for the Connection String field.

2) Section SERVICE KEYS: Connection String field, a requiered parameter is password, is the password encrypted after creating the Oracle Service Instance?

Thanks in advance,

Will.

14239i4CCAE9EB806495F1.png

Regarding first question:

1) Section SERVICE AUTHENTICATION:

I just realized that this User is used with K2s SQL data base.

Currently, there is no work around to encrypt password for the Oracle connection string in the DB.
Our labs team has linked this ticket to an existing TFS item that will be evaluated and implemented in a future release of the product. 

Which version, if any, this will be included in has not been determined at this time. Product Management makes these decisions based on criticality, customer demand, and other factors. If this request is of great importance to your company, I recommend you contact your Customer Success Manager to drive the request through Product Management.

And where does K2 saves this password?