Skip to main content
I have an application that has been tested on a system where the K2Log is on the same server as K2 Server. I have sent the application out to my client who has the K2 Log database in a separate SQL Database. My application needs to access the K2 Log and believes it to be local to the K2 Server (but it isn't).

Does anyone know how I can change the connection String in web.config to define the location of the K2 Log and K2 Database?

Also can anyone tell me what "[;];" means at the beginning of the connection String.

Kind Regards
Dave
Hi Dave,

Since it is a custom application, I assume you use your own web.config with your own connection string. Have a look at the WorkspaceService's web.config file (normally located at 'C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceService'). The connection string should look something like:
<add key="DSN" value="Data Source=[ServerName]; initial catalog=K2Log; User ID=[UserName];Password=[UserPassword]" />
if you use SQL Authentication.

Also can anyone tell me what "[;];" means at the beginning of the connection String.
"[;]" - defines the delimeter to be used in the connection string
";" - acts as the very first delimeter.

HTH,
Ockert

Thanks for your response Ockert.
Yes I do use my own web.config file
I'm actually using Windows authentication. Does this still apply?

Thanks
Dave
Then your connection string should look something like this:
<add key="DSN" value="Data Source=[ServerName]; initial catalog=K2Log; Integrated Security=SSPI" />
and your AppPool ID user will need read/write permissions on the K2Log db - if <identity impersonate="false" />.

Regards,
Ockert
icon-quote.gifnarasimha:

I am using the windows authentication to connect to the K2 server. In the web.config file i have set the <identity impersonate=true>

I am opening the connections in either of the ways as mentioned below:

objConn.open("servername")
or
objConn.open("servername","connectionstring")

But the for opening the connection it is always taking the windows credentials only even though i have given the connection string in some instances.

The k2 server and IIS server are not on one system and to pass the credentials i am using kerbros software.

Regards,
narasimha