Skip to main content

Hi, I am trying to set the Confirmation message (under Advanced) on a flexi task form. However, the message does not appear. Basically, once the user clicks the submit button, I wanted to ask them if they are sure they want to submit the form.

what platform and version are you on?

classic or responsive task form?

We are using the Enterprise version with SharePoint 2013. I replaced the outcome control using the example in the link below. This must be interfering with the confirmation message. I have a Cancel button and the confirmation message does show on the Cancel button, just not on the Approve and Reject buttons. https://sharepoint.hannahswain.eu/2015/09/18/replacing-the-outcome-control-on-the-nintex-flexi-task-form/

indeed, if you remove Decision control from form, confirmation message need not appear.

the reason is, that if you remove the control it removes as well underlined validation rule making it mandatory. if it's only validation rule on the form it causes Page_Validators object is not created which in turn causes runtime exception in the page code and piece of code showing conformation message is not executed.

so, create at least one validation rule on the form and it should work.

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding a validation rule and that didn't seem to help. I added a new decision control to the form and that allows the confirmation message to display, but the decision control causes a validation message error.

then you likely have some other error(s) on the form preventing the message to pop up.

could you try to run form with developer console open to see what's going on there?

(run it without decision control and with that custom validation rule in place)

Hi. I didn't see any errors via the developer console. I think maybe the best option would be to place the decision control behind another field and set the decision control value based on a button click. However, I can't get the code below to work.

NWF$('#'+myDecisionControl+'_0').prop("checked", true);return;

that will not work since custom onclick code is executed after all the validations, so despite you set its value you'll get an error.

don't you respond the task form within a webpart, do you? I recall some posts that reported problems in such setup.

when you say if you remove decision control and submit form, does the submit passes correctly and does the flexi task accepts the response and continues the workflow?

Hi,

I don't think I completely understand your response. A webpart (view) is used to list all tasks that a user needs to respond to, once they click they are taken to the flexitask form. Yes, when the decision control is removed the workflow operates correctly (approve or reject or cancel works) and the workflow completes. I found these links below as examples. Can I set the decision control when the form loads (default value) and then overwrite the value on the button click by setting the button connected to value to the decision field? The issue I am trying to solve is to make comments a required field if the Reject button is clicked and also have a confirmation message.

Replacing the outcome control on the Nintex Flexi Task form « Hannah's SharePoint 

Nintex – Replacing a Decision Control with Save and Submit Buttons on a Flexi Task – That Must Have Been Somebody Else 

I don't think I completely understand your response

I meant it whether you don't open task forms within nintex list form webpart  - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Forms/RootCategory/SharePoint/Nintex.Forms.ListFormWebpart.htm%3FTocPath%… 

but if you say your flexitask form opens on new (full) page it doesn't seem to be your case.

Can I set the decision control when the form loads (default value) and then overwrite the value on the button click by setting the button connected to value to the decision field?

both would need a javascript.

setting a control value o form load is quite easy.

but setting the value on submit button click is problematic since custom code is invoked after all the validations.

I found these links below as examples.

it may depend on exact forms version whether it works or not.

may I ask once again what exact version are you on?

I've checked release notes and in version 2.11.2.20 there fixed some issues regarding confirmation message:

• Fixed an issue where a button confirmation message may not appear (00190837; 00193617; 00196624; 00196819; 00196471; 00199348; 00201637)

Thanks for your help. I figured it out.

May I ask what was the problem at the end?

If you have resolved your issue please mark the question answered.

On the decision control I had to set the Store Client ID in JavaScript variable to yes and name the Client ID JavaScript variable name.

So in the example below, I would name the variable myDecisionControl.

NWF$('#'+myDecisionControl+'_0').prop("checked", true);return;