Skip to main content

Symptoms

Configuring SmartObject to point to 2013 server

Diagnoses

I have two existing sites on the same site collection running in 2010 mode on the 2013 farm. (TWWDB and Analytical)

We have a smartobject using the SharePoint Service V2 broker for each. We reconfigure the TWWDB one and it saved fine. We try to reconfigure the Analytical one and it won't save.

I have a short 2 minute video attached which explains.

Thanks

Jeremy

Resolution

Ok so right now this is what our Investigation has highlighted

We think the problem was introduced by some Microsoft CU – we don’t know which one exactly … and this is why you and Deon can replicate and I cannot … My Env is currently running 2014 CU’s (Busy updating to test)

What we found after debugging once we repro’d the issue is that SP 2013 (even in compat mode) adds a new entry ('PublishingPages') to the BaseType enum of the List Objects, we do not cater for this value, as this value was never present in clean SP 2010. And that’s when K2 throws the unsupported message. No work has been done or will be done to bring the V2 Service in line with the SP2013 Object model as we have moved over to the Content Broker entirely . Any changes SP2013 made to deviate from the original SP2010 Object model runs the risk of breaking legacy V2 components, as we are seeing here.

So the compatibility mode, runs through Sharepoint 2013 client assemblies, and this is why there is a difference between clean SP2010 and SP2013-In-SP2010-Compatibility-mode

Recommendation for possible workaround:
- Rollback the CU’s and check if error goes away
- If you want to use Published template sites use the SharePoint Content broker. (We may need to revisit the Hyperlink issue as I ran a quick test yesterday and it worked fine … However, checking with Labs the bug is still open on their end) All of the vid’s and doc’s that was attached to the ticket has been purged so I can’t be sure that I am recreating 100%

Client managed to work around the issue by deactivating the Publishing Feature AND deleting the Pages Libraries

Be the first to reply!