Configuring a Workflow to send an alert when days have elapsed

• 8 November 2017
  • 54 replies

Show first post

54 replies

Badge +10

Developments of sorts, I took another look at ‌ 's example and the query and noticed I hadn't included the variable, which I corrected. Now I'm getting an error saying it's the wrong kind of variable, it's a Single Line of Text variable. Should it be a Date and Time variable?

Badge +10

A college nudged me in a different direction on the Workflow Marian Hatala Mike Matsako‌ and it's making progress but stopping at the Collection operation. I've created a new post here, any help would be really appreciated and thanks for all your help this far! https://community.nintex.com/message/73165-sending-email-alerts-when-after-7-days-have-elapsed-on-list-items

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes the time isn't important, I'm just using that s a test, the date and how many days has elapsed is the important one.

if you do not need to compare time in final workflow, you do not need it for development/test either.

you could (temporarily) update list items so that some of them meet requirements for workflow.

Stage two - Query list - the CollectedCheckDate variable is a collection

IncludeTimeValue should have been attribute of Value tag, not its value.

but since you do not want to compare times anymore, remove it completely.

in place of IncludeTimeValue  you should rather put a variable that holds the date you want to compare list listems against (InputDatePlus20min).

Stage three -  CollectedHRDates is a collection (it's the only collection ableto access on the drop down) varCurrTitle is a single line of text and idx is a number

1. if you can choose only CollectedHRDates, it means CollectedCheckDate variable you used in query list action is of wrong type! it should have bee collection variable.

the collection you use as output in query list action you have to use as an input in for each loop action.

2. CollectedHRDates  is very likely empty at this moment since you haven't populated it up to now. since it is empty loop body will not be executed.

in query list action you ask to return list/collection of ID.

with for each loop action you should iterate over this collection. single collection elements are list item IDs that matched condition in query loop action. so it would be much more suitable if name of variable which is used to store single IDs (varCurrTitle) would be named by that not to make confusions (eg. varCurrID). however, named one or the other way, it will not break functionaliity.

Stage four - Collection operation

for each loop action already get value from CollectedHRDates  collection and saved it to varCurrTitle variable.

you do not need to do just the with collection operation action. it's duplicated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the error says, the list of IDs returned by query list action can not be saved to a target variable.

what's the type of the variable you used. it has to be collection.