Skip to main content

Hi All,

We have the requirement to send the reminders based on user's wish i.e. as soon as user picks the task he can set a checkbox whether he wants to recieve the reminders or not.

Is it possible to implement this requirement? or any work around for the same?

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Gangwar

Hi,

You can use the Event Escalations. And set it up to send a email after a X amount of hours/days/minutes and also repeat the process for a X amount of times.

But this needs to be done at design time on your event so you would have to set it on or of and deploy.

hth,

What I have done for similar feature is to always set the reminder date/time, but for the escalation code that sends the email, it'll check if the user wanted the reminder or not and only send the email if it's needed.

This has the side effect of the Activity History showing that escalation was fired.   (since I coded the escalation in each of the activity)

Alternative to above approach is to create a parallel activity that handles this reminder escalation (then use gotoactivity at the end of workflow to finish it)

The other workaround is that you could set when the escalation fires dynamically, and you could set it to a future date that never happens.   However this will probably incur a very small amount of K2 Server time to check for things to escalate.   If your process generates high volume (thousands) and is long lasting then I would more concerned about the performance impact.