Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a quite simple process.

An activity "A" with (among others) a user event waiting for the user to update an ASP form.

When the user submits the form, comes a validation activity "B". Two outcomes possible for this one :

• If the user validates, we proceed futher in the process.
  • If the user refuses, we return to the "A" activity

We want to send an email with a link to the worklistitem in this email AND reuse if possible the "A" activity to keep the number of activity the lower possible.

No need to say that we don't want to send this email the first time we get to the "A" activity.

Is it possible to conditionnally execute an event in an activity, or will I have to duplicate the first "A" activity to make an almost identical one ?

Thanks

NunurZ

Hi NunurZ,

To generate your link, I would have a look at the following post:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2009/08/10/how-to-create-infopath-task-url.aspx

Regarding your scenario, no, you cannot conditionally execute an event within an activity to my knowledge. I haven't tested this, but maybe try the following:

- Create a new activity with an e-mail event only
- Add a Start Rule to this activity to wait 30 seconds
- If the customer refuses, you return to activity A *AND* you return to this new activity
- Within activity A, add an event to map the "Activity Destination Instance ID" to a process data field
- Use the procedure in the above URL with this new data field to generate your e-mail

This approach should execute both activities in parallel but the e-mail activity will wait 30 seconds to ensure the client event has executed and created the task first.

HTH,

Tyler

Hi,

I ended up making a copy of activity "A" with an extra event for the email, because the client wanted a solution right now.

I wil try your solution though, because it looks way nicer, except for the part where we wait 30 seconds for the "A" activity to have mapped the "Activity destination ID" to the datafield :)

Thanks for the quick answer !

NunurZ