Skip to main content

I have a workflow that I want to run when a list column called "Assigned Analyst" is changed. "Assigned Analyst" is a Person/Group column that allows multiple choices, is not required, and has no default value.

If I set the start condition to "Conditional" for modification and set the conditions to "Assigned Analyst (previous value)" not equals "Assigned Analyst", then change the Assigned Analyst on a list item, the wf does not run.

If I set the start condition simply to "Yes" for modification and then modify a list item, it runs and completes successfully (but obviously that includes modifications I don't want it to run for; that was just as a test).

We have tried using SharePoint Manager to delete the event receiver and then republished the wf but that made no difference. (That had previously solved an issue where wfs with conditional modification start settings were running on all modifications - basically the opposite problem but in a way, similar)

I have also tried setting "Assigned Analyst" not to allow multiple choices, and tried using a column of a different type to see if it was a problem with either of those things. It does not run in any situation where the start setting is on conditional modification.

Does anyone have any further suggestions on what to try, to make this wf run on conditional modification?

Thanks!

I should have also mentioned, we are using SharePoint 2013 Enterprise, and Nintex Workflow version 3.0.8.0 - English

No idea if this is related, but you might want to try upgrading as I found this in the release notes for the newest version:

Newest Version:

Product version: 3.1.0.0

Database version: 3.0.0.7

Release date: 29th October 2014

• Fixed an issue where the Conditional workflow may not fire when the operators ‘Modified By’ and ‘Not Equals’  are set to a username (6350).

Link: Nintex Workflow 2013 - Release Notes

Thanks mmatsako!

My colleague has just successfully diagnosed a very similar issue on SharePoint 2013 where a conditional start reusable workflow that started successfully on version 2010 wouldn't start for regular users (unlike site owners) after upgrading on items in a list with item-level permissions set to have access to only the items they created. In this situation we have identified that it requires the ManageLists base permission (included in EditDesign and Full Control permission levels by default) at the item level (in case the inheritance is broken) to start the workflow. Hope this helps.