Skip to main content

Symptoms

We needed to do some conditional escalation such that only if some condition is true escalation will fire and a goto activity occurrs, we needed to avoid using custom code and use only wizards so the solution suggested by K2 consultant(Syed Yousef Ali) is to use If statement in an expression for the number of hours before escalation take place such that if the condition is true we set the time to the needed time(like 1 hour) else we set the time to very big value like an equivalent of 100 years. I tested the process and sometimes it is working and sometimes I am getting the below issues in random basis

-The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value
- Collection was modified enumeration operation may not execute.
- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Diagnoses

issue was reproduced and the customer was tld to reduce the time of escalation hours to 6000 hours

Resolution

My Last response was:
"
Please try to reduce the time as can be seen in the following video that reproduced the issue:
http://screencast.com/t/dI5WeVnrK

the video recommends 6000 hours which is equal to 250 days.

We can rise the escalation time to 20000 hours which is more than 2 Years we don't have minimum figures on this since this issue occurs intermittently sometime 100000 hours work and some times it doesn't. one of the factors is the load on the K2 server and the number of processes executed daily and the number f destination users who receive the tasks. SQL server performance plays a great role in performance too.

Please rise this to 20000 or 24000 (1000 day) and let's see if this issue occurs.
"

Seems like a hack of a solution.  They really should allow you to specify a condition expression as well.

Yes, I agree completely.  This is a hack solution.  We should not need to write C# in this context.