Skip to main content

Hi all,

Been searching for a solution to this but didn’t find one. Looking for your help in this.

What I want to achieve.

I have one approval activity. It has two destination sets. Both may contains one or several users. Destination set A always runs but destination B is conditional. I want to make is so that, if the destination set B’s condition is met, it should assign   tasks to all users in those two destination sets. When one user from destination set A approves, the task, should be removed from all users that are part of destination set A. But it should still stay with all users in Destination set B.

When a user from Destination set B then approves. The task should be removed from all users in Destination set B. The activity should now complete and move on to the next step. Can this be achieved? I have read the advanced roles pdf but was not able to implement this scenario.

Also, if the condition for destination set B is not met it should only run destination set A and move on if one member from destination set A approves.

Thanks 

Hi S0m3one

I don't think what you want to do is possible. The destination sets will allow you to assign tasks based on conditions, as you are aware. However once the tasks are assigned there is no way in the outcome rules to determine what destination set a task user is from.

The only thing I can think of is to have 2 client activities - one for your destination set A and one for destination set B. You can then use line rules to determine after activity A if you should progress to activity B or some other activity. This obviously means that you cant assign  the task simultaneously to both sets.

Thanks Andrew,

After reading the Advanced Destinations PDF in more detail, I have come to the conclusion that its not possible also. I wated to not duplicate the activity snce they are identical but look like thats the only option left. I will implement it that way.

Regards

Mekh