Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a workflow and it has many tasks. I need complete workflow after 5 days.

How can I stop workflow after 5 days. I don't need to wait complete all tasks.

Thanks.

I've done something like this in the past.  Try adding a "Run Parallel Actions" action with two branches.  In one branch place all tasks and actions that are completed in less than 5 days.  After all those actions, place a "End Workflow" action (which ends the workflow if all tasks are completed).   In the other branch, calculate 5 days from workflow start and store that in a workflow variable.  Then place a "Pause Until..." branch and configure it with the workflow variable.  Next place a "End Workflow" action, which will end the workflow (and all tasks) if it reaches the 5 days and the tasks have not been completed in the other branch.

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply I already saw your past subject. But I want to see something generic Workflow setting. Our workflow life must be 5 days. After 5 days I want end this workflow.

Do we have any settings?

Thanks.

if you use flexi task action to assign tasks, you could setup an escalation to them to complete after a time limit elapsed.

the easiest would be if you could apply those 5days limit directly on task escalation.

if there is significant time difference between when workflow started and when the tasks are assigned you can calculate lower time limit and set up escalation to that calculated value. 

escalation allows you to define specific outcome so that you know that was the reason to complete the tasks. base on the you can in turn end whole workflow.

Both good suggestions I would say. 

What you want as a workFlow setting doesn't exist