Skip to main content

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I have come up empty trying to find out what this means.  My process was building fine until now.  What I suspect caused the problem was a "feature" I stumbled over (and now can't find) -- I was right-clicking on various objects in the process when I saw some menu-items I have never seen before.  The options were a bunch of "Override iINSERT ITEM NAME]" like "Override Save", where save is an Action.  Anyway, they looked very interesting so I clicked on one of them (oohhh!  Shiny!).  Bad idea.  Visual Studio's memory consumption went through the roof, a whole bunch of errors were generated, and then Studio crashed.  Ever since that happened I can no longer build my process.  If this is not a known issue (which it does not appear to be) then I will submit a ticket.

I hazard a guess the menu options I came across maybe are related to features that are currently hidden because they are buggy.   Somehow they got displayed, and I couldn't resist the temptation to explore.  They seemed innocuous enough.

Do you have a screenshot of this and the steps in reproducing this?  I tried it on my side using a 0803 environment and I can't find any "Override" option.

Unfortunately not.  I have a ticket open and we will hopefully get to the bottom of it.  The error has been seen before (not this exact scenario, though), but I get the impression it isn't very common.  As for the "Override" right-click context menu items, I think they are something that should be accessible at this time; perhaps some disable features, and if my experience is anything to go on, justifiably so ;-)  I think this because of the compile error message.  I could be wrong, but it certainly was odd.  I've looked everywhere for these options, and I can't find them again.  I am almost positive they were offered when I right-clicked on either an InfoPath client event or an activity.  I wish I knew how to recreate the problem...

If and when I get to the bottom of this I'll respond again.

I still have a ticket open to see if we can figure out what happened in the first place, but I have fixed the problem.  Here's what I did:

1) Downloaded the code for the previous version of the process and saved it as another project next to the broken one.  Made sure it compiled, and of course it did.

2) I copied/pasted the flow from the broken process to the previous version.  It compiled. I could probably have stpoped here, but I wasn't satisfied because the flow diagram was a mess and I didn't want to have to clean it up.

3) I diffed the two KPRX files (which were now _much_ smaller).  I found the problem.  In the broken version I had the following element:

<ExecutionLayers>
    <ExecutionLayer>
      <Guid>cfcd93a2-7752-4b2c-ad23-ad5d726e6601</Guid>
      <BaseLayer>Default</BaseLayer>
      <ExecutableItems />
    </ExecutionLayer>
  </ExecutionLayers>

In the working process I only had this:

<ExecutionLayers/>

Thus I replaced the block in the broken process's KPRX file with the single empty element from the working process's KPRX and, Voila!  It compiles!

To quote Willie, "I'm on the road again". ;-)

Wow, worked like magic.

I didnt press any shiney buttons, but somehow this magically was added to my project as well.  Cheers