Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me where the binaries of a deployed project sit when it's exported to a K2 Server?  I checked c:/program files/K2.net 2003/Bin/Temp but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
VinnyT

They get put into the K2 database.
Thanks Bob - we have a compiled version on the production and our current project is suspect.  I wanted to see if there was a way to rename the current binaries in case the newly deployed version is botched.  Other than backing up the db is there any other way of getting back our current production version?

I believe the first time this process is used, K2 will create a work/temp folder under the K2 folders and write the associated binaries there for use.  Unfortunately I am not infront of a K2 2003 environment so I can't confirm the folder name, but take a look on the server for a folder called something like 'work' (it should be located somewhere under the K2 project folders). Under this folder you should see a subfolders that correspond to the process definition versions that have been utilized since the K2 Server service was started.  You can then look for the most recent version of the process you desire.  Once you can find it, I think there should be the DLLs in there.  At this point you should be able to copy them somewhere else.

Sorry for the lack of more granular detail; hopefully this will be enough to point you in the right direction.