Skip to main content

For the K2 community site web admins:

I like the site layout...you can see a ton of stuff in one shot.

The only thing I've been having trouble with is the logon or logging in.

When I come back to the site, I'm not automatically logged in when I've selected the control to keep me logged in.

I also (occasionally) have issues with the login control.  When i click it the site tried but will not log me in.  I had to switch browsers to get it to work.

David

Hi David - I haven't seen this issue before. The login cookie will expire occasionally, and you should be able to hit the login button to log right back in. But, it seems like that button is not always working for you. What happens when you hit it? What browser version and OS are you on?

I use Chrome normally and that is the browser that I've had trouble with on the site.

I switched to Firefox to get me logged in this time.

The behavior for being logged out is a bit strange.

Normally when I say "Keep me logged in" on other sites, when I go back into the site my login is set and I just browse.

It's of course an issue if you can't log in with Chrome. We haven't seen that before, so if it keeps happening, PM me any detail that you can put together. 

I have a request in to our IT team to see why your login might be expiring when you set it to keep you logged in.

I've noticed weird login behaviour as well.  I'm never logged in when I visit the site by any way (direct link, favourites, google search, etc.).  Nor am I logged in as I navigate throughout the site.  But when I click the "Log In" link it reloads the page and I'm logged in, or if I click anything that should require me to login (like posting a reply) it will automagically log me in.

I haven't experience any issue with it though, it's just an observation I've made that may assist.

@Victoria wrote:

I've noticed weird login behaviour as well.  I'm never logged in when I visit the site by any way (direct link, favourites, google search, etc.).  Nor am I logged in as I navigate throughout the site.  But when I click the "Log In" link it reloads the page and I'm logged in, or if I click anything that should require me to login (like posting a reply) it will automagically log me in.

I haven't experience any issue with it though, it's just an observation I've made that may assist.

Hi Victoria - This is actually a feature of our new Single Sign On system. If you are logged in to any other K2 property (portal.k2.com, help.k2.com, k2.com, etc), the community knows that and will pick up your logged in state. Hopefully that helps explain things!

Todd

Hi, 

I also have login issue even I don't know if it is simillar case.

When I go to customer portal and login, then page goes to redirect loop between login.k2.com and portal.k2.com.

I changed browser(IE,chrom, firefox) and accept cookie but it's always same that I cannot login to portal.

Other site (community.k2.com) is okay, I found it only portal.

Send me your full name and login name and I will have someone check to make sure you have the proper portal access. That could be the issue.

Thanks,

Todd

When I attempt to login to portal.k2.com, I get the redirect but never actually login.  It simply clocks and then will time-out.  I don't know if I'm logged in somewhere and it gets confused.  Maybe it's a setting.  I've tried three browsers and and three computers.  I'm in now becuase I remoted to our server and used it to login.