Skip to main content

In the broadcast today, Pat said how important communication was to keep everyone updated. So do people send a communication only when there is something new to communicate or is it better to send something at least once a week even if there is not much to say?

As the SharePoint Admin and Nintex Developer, I always keep the team in the loop.  I test out my change, send a communication to the Stakeholders about what is being deployed, why and when.  Then I deploy on the weekend as to not cause an issue.

I use PMP guidelines for our Nintex projects with regard to communication.  Communication can be a make or break situation.  Keeping everyone up to date yields a team that will support you whether you are on time and under budget or when there are changes that need to be implemented.  I do not believe in meetings for no reason, however communication summarizing the work accomplished is important whether via email, a project management/communication tool, or via reports and meetings.  Workflow allows for the automated updating to teams using a variety of methods...email, text, reports, word documents, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and several Help Desk ticketing systems!!!

Thanks, it's like when I send an email update out but get no reply back I begin to think the users are too busy to even look at what I sent
That's an excellent idea, I really don't like to take the system down during working hours either
Thanks for the reply, sometimes I fall into the trap that the next test will be perfect and delay sending out communications but then the next test highlights other problems which push the communication back even further