Skip to main content

Hi all

Each time a notification email gets sent to a user we add the comments in it. If we send the email in plain text the comments are nicely formatted including the user and savedate. However, when we switch to HTML format just the comments show up all on one line without any user, savedate or formatting. Is there a way to get the nicely formatted plain text view of comments in the HTML email notification?

Thanks,

RS

Hi,

One thing you can try is to modify the email in the HTML mode. Remove all the contents and amend from skretch. Try not to switch back and fro between plain text and html.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't help. As a workaround I ended up adding a "<br>" at the end of every comment.

RS

HI,

I also have a similar experience in formatting email in HTML with table. So, I created a .NET Assembly using C# in VS, passed all the values from the form as input and format the message body as HTML and returned the whole HTML as a single string. Later, this Assembly (.dll) is saved in the K2 Service Broker folder, created a service instance and then SmartObject. Once you have smartobject, you can use this in the rule or in the email body directly. Little extra work but you have lots of flexibility.