Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to build up a string from a list of data fields in the process, these fields are: JEP_Title, Town, Province, and then also the ProcessOriginatorName field from the the process instance data. I want the final string to look like this:

ProcessOriginatorName: JEP_Title (Town, Province)

I have tried using the Join function in k2 but I can't seem to get the value lists right, since in the wizard I need to use the expression builder cause the values field won't let me construct a list there. How do I go about creating the above string? I assume it will be a couple of nested Joins.

The big issue I have is dragging the data fields into a wizard field just clears whatever is already in there.

Have you tried creating a Process level datafield for the string you want and the using a data event as the source add all die datafields you need to create the string you need and then use the destination datafield specified in the data event as the string?

HTH

Vernon

I'm stuck on this very problem, there isn't sufficient documentation on the "Join" function in my opinion. I've no idea of whether or not it is possible.

The Insert method solved this for me, I could use a left for the first letter inside the Insert method.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html#Text.html