Skip to main content

I am very new with SP and Nintex, please be patient with me as I try to explain what I need to accomplish!

I have a SP data list with about 50 columns. I am trying to create a notification to be sent to an employee when a new item is added to the list. Since very often several new items will be added in bulk it is likely that a simple notification workflow will not work due to SP sending 1 email per new item. Using the directions found in a blog on this site (here) I am trying to get around sending multiple notifications by setting up a Query List action and then using For Each action to loop the data together to send in a notification.

I have created my variables for the collection and (I believe) successfully configured the Query List action. When I move on to the For Each action I have no options for the Target Collection in the dropdown. How do I populate the Target Collection dropdown options?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! Screen shots shared in attachments.

-MJ

ok your variables need to be of type collection (not date and time and list item ID like you have them)

this is not exactly what you want, but may help a bit more with step by step (and I will help wherever I can).

should explain the query list and collection and for each?

OMGosh, I just knew (read: hoped) it would be something so stupidly simple! They show up in my Target collection now happy.png. I skimmed through your link and I think it may help when it comes time to set up the remainder of the workflow.

Thank you so much for your help!