Skip to main content

Hi, 

I've got a very simple reminder workflow which is triggered when a date is entered into a SmartForm and a Save button is clicked:

1. User enters a date into a SmartForm and presses the Save button
  2. A workflow starts and the date entered is pushed into a datafield
  3. The reminder activity is set to start based on the entered date datafield
  4. An email is sent when the activity starts
  5. The process ends.

I've attached a few screen prints to further explain what I mean.

The problem I have is that the user may change that date at some point.

• When users make an amendment to the date, we'd like to update the date in the workflow and make it Go To the Start again. However, I couldn't find anyway of doing this codeless.
  • The other option was to kill off the old workflow and just start a new workflow with the newdate, but again, I couldn't find a way to do this codeless either

I'm guessing there just isn't a way to do either unless I get one of the .NET developers to think of something. I had a flick through some similar posts, but couldn't find anything particularly useful.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

13950i61D3C92DDB4C1F8E.jpg

Hi  @inoracker,

Because a Datafields value is set the the process definition there is not place to manually update the datafield value.

You can have C# code that opens the Process Instance and Updates the Datafield value

There is also a Data Event Wizard that you can look in, perhaps before the Reminder Email, have the Event Update the Datafield Value.

But once the workflow has reached the Mail Event, and hit the Start Rule i dont think there is a codeless way of changing that value and have it revlected.

Regards

Hi, 

You can update both DataField values and do a GoToActivity with some utilities you find in the K2 Market. The http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/WorkflowManagement-Service/ba-p/65416 for instance gives you both services. Expose as smartobjects and use in Smartforms to update the datafield, when submitted you pass in the new datafield and use a GoToActivity to redirect to any Activity.  

Thanks Latte, this looks to do does exactly what I need it to.

I'm now trying to get ahold of the author to get the sourcecode.