Skip to main content

Symptoms

We have an application using Smart Objects from SQL server, smart forms and smart views along with SharePoint groups for task assignments and permissions etc. now we need to create a copy the application and deploy it on the same K2 environment (basically a full clone of the same application with different URL and database/smart object/form/views).

Is it possible to achieve and what are the best way/steps for doing this?

Diagnoses

regarding this clonning issue
"
regarding the Cloning and creating a copy the application and deploying it on the same K2 environment the answer is Unfortunately no. Currently There isn?t any easy way to do this.

This ticket has been linked to an existing Feature request. (as this is not possible a the moment)

Also

What i say is that it is hard.

you can ?save as? on the views/forms/smo then you have to remap the SMO?s and views and forms.

There is sadly no ?easy? way to do this as far as I know ? but you will end up having a common artifacts category that you need then to split into several slightly different solutions ? similar to how the smart starts work today.

Obviously the sooner in the dev cycle you do this the less re-work you have.
"

Resolution

My Last response regarding this clonning issue
"
regarding the Cloning and creating a copy the application and deploying it on the same K2 environment the answer is Unfortunately no. Currently There isn?t any easy way to do this.

This ticket has been linked to an existing Feature request. (as this is not possible a the moment)

Also

What i say is that it is hard.

you can ?save as? on the views/forms/smo then you have to remap the SMO?s and views and forms.

There is sadly no ?easy? way to do this as far as I know ? but you will end up having a common artifacts category that you need then to split into several slightly different solutions ? similar to how the smart starts work today.

Obviously the sooner in the dev cycle you do this the less re-work you have.
"

Be the first to reply!