Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am coming from a SharePoint Workflows Background to post this question.

One of the features found in SharePoint 2010 workflows is that if you assigned a task to a group there was an option on the task itself when it gets assigned to claim the task to 1 person of the group in this way not all of the group users can change the task and when this users completes his work on this task he can release it to other users of the group.

Is this feature found in any way in K2 Blackpearl 4.6.11? Taking in mind that the task is going to be a Smarforms Activity Task.

That is actually an Out of hte Box behavior with K2. In the K2 world, the term is allocated. I believe in the group scenario you have to adjust your destination planning options to resolve roles and groups to users to get that feature to work properly else K2 treats the whole group as a single user. So you'd see the behavior you describe if you were using two different groups. Resolve the groups to users and you should see the behaivor you are looking for. A user opens a task it becomes allocated to them and filtered out of other user's task lists due to the status change. If the user picked up the task changes their mine, there is a release option that allows them to release it back to all the users of the group for another person to pick up.

Hope this helps.

S.