Skip to main content

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've looked everywhere I can think of for an answer. I am using a SharePoint Integration Workflow process. When a document is added to a SharePoint document library, it kicks off a workflow. There is a column in the library that holds the type of document, like "Type A," "Type B," etc. I need to pull the destination user from another SharePoint list like this:

Type A     User 1
Type B     User 2

I have the above list configured as a SmartObject. In my Destination User box in the process, I clicked on the ellipse and chose the GetList method for the SmartObject. Then I mapped the Type input to the Type column of the document in the process fields. It seems like this should work, but when the process is deployed and tested, it sends a notification to everyone in the list - User 1, User 2, and anyone else. It doesn't just send the notification to the person associated with the document type.

I also tried using the Single method (Load) instead, but the only input it will allow me to map is the ID of the User, which I don't know if I can't map the Type input.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Be the first to reply!