Skip to main content

I get attachment's details like name and content form parent process and in a child process, I save these data in an archive. 

My problem concerns the situation when there is an error during child process realization (child process might be started for many attachments, five child processes might be completed successfully and for one there might be an error)  and the parent process works even it is supposed to be called synchronously.

I would like to get the situation like this: child process might have an error for one attachment out of 6 and the parent process does not go further because this one entity had an error. 

If you want any further information, please let me know. I would be grateful for your help. 

Hi, magcen,

If the error only appears intermittently, there is probably a server execution delay that you are experiencing causing the error. When you are using SmartObject Event instead of the SharePoint Event to get the file and pass the ID, the server needs to go back and forth between the data source (SmartObject) and SharePoint. I believe this might  sometimes be delayed on execution and cause the error.

To test if this is the case you can split the SmartObject events in your child process into two consequent activities, instead of storing them in one. On the second activity, configure a start rule to add a delay of a minute or two and redeploy the process. Continue working as usual and see if it still causes an error. If it does not, you can test with decreasing the delay to 5, 10, 20 seconds or whatever works for you.

Kind Regards,

MA

Wanted to touch base on this post to see if the originator was able to gather the information needed.

If this is still an issue please submit a ticket to K2 support.

Best regards,

Matt A