Skip to main content

Using Smartforms 1.0.5 I've noticed that when I have a View or Form checked out and make modifications to the form/view the changes show on the Runtime URL even though I did not check them in.  I was wondering if it happened to be because I hit the Save button.  I was also wondering if anyone else had experieinced this behaviour?

Jason this is expected behaviour i beleive. Because you checked the object out you will see your changes. Anyone else will see the last version until you check it in.

Not quite sure, my understanding was that the behavior should be to view the current form by the user, not the checked out form if viewed on the runtime site.  However, I am hitting the form via the full qualified domain name, via SharePoint, and seeing the changes of the form that has yet to be checked in.  Unless it's a functionality of my having admin access.  The form in the sharepoint webpart is pointing to the hServer]/Runtime/Runtime/Form/rForm Name] location.  I have yet to check with a user without admin rights, that'll be my next step. 

Yes, I have noticed this too. If you are the admin and make changes to the form you will see your changes even if you have not applied them. as long as the logged in user to the form you are browsing is your account that has the admin permissions.