Skip to main content

Hello all,

I am relatively new to K2 Blackpearl, so please let me know if I am not being descriptive enough in my post.

Im using K2 Blackpearl 4.6.9 and developing the workflow in K2 Studio.

I have a Check Box List that is static, it has 5 options to check, and is passed to an XML data field(I'm not sure how to set this up). This is being stored on a SQL table thru a SmartObject event. When I look at the data in the SQL table I see the XML format, but the problem I am having is when I send out an email to the users(Approvers) I get the XML data in the email. I need to be able to only pull the values and not the whole string.

12362i6EDFF59D6D805BFE.jpg

Hi NC1980

The easiest way to solve this is change your checkbox list to a Choice controls configured as a Checkbox list. The choice control will store its values as a delmited string, (you can choose the delimiter). Doing this will require no change to your workflow email.

The other way to do this is to get your XML into the process as a Process XML field, and then use a Data Transfer event and XSL to transform the XML into some text as appropriate for your email. You will need some knowledge of XML/XSL to do this.

Thank you, that worked.