Skip to main content

New to K2 and InfoPath (well, to this level)... 

I've got an InfoPath form submitting to a K2 workflow.  It works fine, except when a (particular) multiline text field has more than @100 characters (haven't determined the exact value yet - somewhere between 85 & 113).  I haven't checked the other fields yet either to see if they have the same limitiation (assuming they would).

Is there a default character limit that would cause the following error on a multiline text box from InfoPath?

Message: String or binary data would be truncated.  The statement has been terminated.; ServiceName: SmartBoxService; ServiceGuid: e5609413-d844-4325-98c3-db3cacbd406d; InnerExceptionMessage:;

It still saves the form to my SharePoint site, but it doesn't kick-off the K2 workflow, send the email, or assign the task - hence my guess that it is in K2.

Thanks in advance...

It sounds like you are saving the data from InfoPath to a SharePoint list.  Make sure your SharePoint field is large enough to hold the data from your field.  You might want to make it a column type of "Multiple lines of text" instead of "Single line of text"

If you are saving the form data to a SmartBox instead of SharePoint, change your SmartBox field type from Text to Memo.  Text is limited to 100 characters.  You can change this by going into advanced mode in the SmartObject designer, then clicking on the 'SmartBox Settings' button.

icon-quote.gifDavidL:
If you are saving the form data to a SmartBox instead of SharePoint, change your SmartBox field type from Text to Memo.  Text is limited to 100 characters.  You can change this by going into advanced mode in the SmartObject designer, then clicking on the 'SmartBox Settings' button.

Sweeeeeet.  That was the trick.  Thanks!

Does Memo have a limit?  (255?)  My text box is set to multi-line in InfoPath, so I can't set the limit on it...
The memo type is nvarchar(max) which is limited only by SQL Server.  According to MSDN documentation the limit is 2^31-1 bytes.  That would be a lot of typing in InfoPath!