Skip to main content

I have a workflow in which All the tasks gets assign to Process Originator. The Process Originator is no longer working with my org and I want to move all Active and future tasks to another user.

Is it possible to Change the Process Originator for an inflight project?

Not really.  Your best bet is to probably turn on the person who left's Out of Office and set the delegate to the user you want.  All of the originator's tasks well then show up on the new user's worklist.

Do you know if the delegation record will continue to work for all in-flight items after the ex-employee is disabled in AD?

If that works the procedure would be to turn on ex-employee's Out of Office, set delegation, before disable the ex-employee in AD.

Currently we plan to not referencing Originator and use a datafield InitiatorID so that can be changed.

This is a common scenario and should be built into the system to handle this gracefully.

Yes I'm pretty sure that would work fine as that's how we've done it for an existing customer and it worked on my virtual machine environment during a quick test.

As for not sending it to the originator we typically do this for rework steps and it has always worked fine but I could see you could get into trouble for long running processes.

Sounds good solution to me. I will follow this during the workflow development.

Quick question on this, From K2 workspace, is there a way to update Process Data Fields for inflight workflows under admin privileges?

never mind. I found K2 Data injector in K2 blackmarket

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_data_injector/default.aspx

The app that this thread is refering to in no longer on the market it seems. When I click the link it jsut takes me to this forum.

Has this functionality of changing the proess originator been added to the newer versions of K2.

If anyone has a way of changing the process originator, can you post here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The above link is not routing to the correct page, Can someone suggest what would be the best solution for changing the originator?

Regards

Amar