Skip to main content

I have designed a k2 process based on an infopath form. This process works really good. Now I have to do a lot of changes in the Infopath form.
What's the best way doing this? Is it possible to deploy a new Infopath form to the process or do I have to redesign the Infopath form by opening the form using k2 studio.

thx

In my opinion, the best is to design the form from the Infopath Integration Wizard in K2 Blackpearl Studio (in the wizard, there's a step where you can edit the form). Otherwise, if you modify the form outside K2 Studio, you will have to re-bind it to the process (still using the Infopath Integration Wizard) as K2 only stores a copy and not the form template itself. But this last method can be useful if you want to keep a "clean" copy of your form template somewhere (without all the datafields added by K2).

Are there some problems when i modiy the form outside k2 studio. I don't know exactly how it is possible to rebind it to the process. I havn't done this before. Is there something I have to consider?
No, rebinding the form to the K2 process just consists in running the Infopath Integration Wizard again, like if you wanted to change the associated form. I don't know if you worked with K2.net 2003 but it was almost the same: modifying the form outside the K2 environment was discouraged but you had the possibility to rebind a form template if necessary. Personaly, I never encountered any problem.