Skip to main content

Hi,

Is it possible to change the "Name" of the From Address in Workflow Emails in the default Client event for Authorisations??

At the moment it says...K2Account, but can we get it to say something else instead? I.e. Have it still use the K2Account in the background, but display a different name for when the Authorisers receive the email to Approve a request?

Thanks,

Hi Sharpharp1,

Update the display name for the service account user in active directory or in exchange.

Edit:  I think I see what you're trying to do.  The client event notification won't let you change which email account the task comes from.  You could assign the task and not notify the user, then use an email event, including the serial number, to allow you to configure a different email account to be the source of the message.

Regards,

Mike

Yes, you can change it from environment library

10925i7BE34B75425C9AA6.png

i think it will be easier to create a new AD Account specifically with the name we want.

My question then is, what permissions will i need to assign to this new account to ensure it works for Authorisations via Workflows?

Do i just change the FROM Address in workspace environment or is there more permissions required for it, i.e. in processes?

Thanks

You can use the K2 account only to send email, but you can create the email alias in AD and use that alias in environment library.

Sorry can you explain how that works?

You're saying, don't create a new account in AD, but an email alias?

You could check with your AD guys and they can create multiple email alias for K2 account and you can use that email alias in environment library.

Did the quick search, I found this video,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akysQJuQDo would be helfull for your reference.