Skip to main content

Hi everybody

I'm currently trying to change the group ownership of a SharePoint group by using the "Group" Smart Object generated by "K2 for SharePoint" when adding the "K2 blackpearl for SharePoint" app to a SharePoint site.

I've tried to use the "Update Group" method from the SMO for changing the SharePoint group owner. It has a input property "Owner" which is working fine when using an Accountname/Username but is throwing an error when trying to set a SharePoint group as the owner of another SharePoint group. The error message is: "The specified user TestGroup could not be found."

Seems the SMO is not able to resolve SharePoint groups. Any ideas?

Best regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Unlike with group settings in SharePoint, the "Group" SmartObject does not allow for assigning group ownership to a group, only users.

You will notice in the error being thrown that it's trying to resolve the value for the group that was fielded in as a user i.e. "The specifed user..."

You are more than welcome to log this as a feature request: https://portal.k2.com/feedback/Default.aspx

HTH

Samson.

@MTMTNT I am using a SP group lets call it "Group1" and a SP group called "Group2". When trying to use "Group1" as Title input value and "Group2" as Owner input value I'm getting the error "The specified user Group2 could not be found.". I am trying to assign a SP group to be the owner of another SP group, but the SMO is not able to do so. In SharePoint this works fine. When assigning a user as the owner of the SP group it works with no harm.

@Samson Seems to be the only way.