Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I just started working with Nintex Forms and it's really great.

But when Forms are created, the height of dropdown fields is really to big.

So when changing 20 of them, it takes a long time.

Is there a possibility to change the default height in a template or somewhere else?

Thanks for any help in advance!

BR, Rouven

You can change default templates for forms in Central Admin, but I do not believe you can change the sizing of a single control.

Would you mind showing a screen shot of a DD control when you add it to a form? I've can't recall seeing one any bigger than the height of the text within it and I'd imagine that being between no more than 20 px by default.

Thanks for your answer.
In the meantime I found that only DD fields are affected, that are of the field type "Lookup", what is in most cases in our environment.

Since I found that I'm sure it's the definition from MS SharePoint.

See an example below.

BR, RubiCapture.PNG

Ok I see now. This is the default height provided to lookup controls when you add then to the form. But you can select the control while in design mode and use the box selectors and shrink the size with the mouse. Then all the panels surrounding the control can also be shrunk.

Yes, I know, but when there are 25 lookup DD inside, it's a massive effort... That was why I was asking. But thank you anyway for your answers.

BR, Rubi

Hi Roven,

Instead of doing size adjustment for all the controls, you can declare custom css class into Form Settings >> Custom CSS and use that class name for dropdown control settings >> Formatting >> Control CSS class.

At least this will be lot cleaner and it will be very easy for you to change in future if your requirements change.

Regards,

Shirin

Hello Shirin,

thanks for this hint, but that's something I already tried. I found that I can control nearly everything that affects the control itself, but not the "resizing of the frame" itself.
I think I'll open a case at Nintex as this consumes too much of my time.

Thanks and best regards,

Rouven

Capture.PNG

That doesn't look right. The drop down shouldn't be cut off in that way. So something is definitely different. Do you have any custom CSS applied to the Form in the Form Settings? Do you have any custom branding on the site you are on?

No, really standard site and no custom CSS. But I can reproduce that in the DEV enviroment.
Today also a new update was announced that I'll install soon.

BR, Rouven

Hi Rouven

May I ask, if you already could update to the new version (2.4.0.0) of Nintex Forms? And do you have still this behavior? I would be much interested in a solution too.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,

Mario

Hi Mario,

yes, I updated to the new version last weekend but the problem is still there.

Next time I've such a list I'll open a support ticket to see if Nintex can solve this issue.

BR, Rouven

Hi Rouven

Thanks a lot for the quick answer.

Will you still open a support ticket for this case?

Best regards,

Mario

Hi Mario,

not for the moment since I'm too busy but surely next time I need a lot of LU fields in a form.

BR, Rouven

Something to try in a development environment:

I've never tried this, but perhaps try editing the form using the Export feature, edit the XML contained in that file, and then re-Import the XML file. I'd first create a separate backup of the form. This would be quite a hack but my best guess is that the sizes can be edited in the XML file itself. Look for a pattern of sizes (e.g. heights are all 40px, widths are all 400px) which would be the best clue as to which you can change to bulk update all of the fields. Definitely try this on a dev box first though.