Skip to main content

Not sure the best way to explain this,   Anyway I have a calculated value on a filed that does a lookup to another list to display a dynamic message.     I have fields below that message.

Unless I   per-allocate sufficient space below the calculated value the fields below the calculated value will be over layed   by the dynamic text.  

I know what is happening.   The text from the calculated value is being displayed after the form is rendered causing the over lay of the fields.

Are there any tricks to cause the form to be rendered in such a way that this does not occur?

I understand what you are saying and one of the best ways to handle this could be to use a panel. The panel will allow you to set a specific amount of space on the form to allow for growth. 

Remember any screenshots can help better provide suggestions.

Hope that helps.

Eric

It seems to be working for me now and I am not sure why.  The section in red is a calculated value that does a lookup to another table.   Site owners can change this message so can be any length.

The section in blue is a label.    Only one of these labels displays at a given time based on what the user has selected.

The section in green is a rich text field where I add HTML.   Basically a table of images and  buttons.

Before I added the labels in blue, what was happening was the text in the red section was overlaying the html in the green section.   Now, with the addition of the label, everything displays as expected.   The dynamic text in red displays. then underneath that the label, then finally the dynamic HTML in green.   Nothing is overlayed  or corrupted.

Not exactly sure why the addition of the label between the red and green section fixes this.